RIFF is a music news site run by real journalists instead of bloggers. Our stories are more engaging and better written. We cover the music scene in the Bay Area with compelling issue-focused stories as well profiles, features and professional videos and photo galleries. While still small, we're very highly targeted to music fans in the Bay Area and Sacramento. All core metrics rise each month and we have more than doubled in many key categories over the past 9 months. Readers view more pages per visit than the traditional media such as the San Jose Mercury News. RIFF is hyper-local and those readers are even more devoted. We've been around for one year and have grown to a staff of 30 journalists. We're also the only music news site in the Bay Area with a formal internship program for college journalism students.
Some readership info:
- Unique visitors have increased by 175% from June 2016 to December 2017.
- Overall pages per visit hovers near 3.4—higher than traditional media or other Bay Area music blogs. They come for one story but stay for a second.
- Page views have increased by 200% from June 2016 to December 2017.
- Our traffic is 87% from the Bay Area and 95% Bay Area and L.A. combined.
- Bay Area readers are 50% returning and 50% new (optimal split), visit more than 4.5 pages per visit and spent 4 minutes on the site at a time.
Ad placement possibilities